the Sakura Group is committed to sustainable design and build practices.
- minimize construction waste
- use sustainable, renewable, ‘green’ materials sourced locally
- build long-lasting homes that can change with your family’s needs – using a home longer saves more energy and material than any of the other choices you can make about your house!
- renovating, making the most of existing, already-on-site resources
We are familiar with
- LEED guidelines (USGBC)
- Earth Advantage Institute programs
- Passive House and passive solar design strategies
- Energy Star appliances
- Cost/benefit analyses for heating, cooling, and window systems
- Local and national incentives to install ‘green’ systems like solar power or new windows… or to add density to the neighborhood by putting in an apartment or mother-in-law cottage on your property.